Tropical jungle views and bamboo rafting adventure!
We know that many of our guests have limited time – if you cannot stay overnight with us in our hill tribe village homestay, consider this option as an opportunity to see the lush, green mountain views of Northern Thailand. The drive from Chiang Mai to Baan Huay Phoo village will serve as the best introduction for the day ahead. As we trek together, your English-speaking guide will fill you in on local knowledge about the jungle and its countless resources. A handmade bamboo raft serves as your local transportation on the river, a refreshing and relaxing end to our adventurous day together!
• Pick up at hotel
• Stop at Mae Malai Market for breakfast, snacks, coffee, etc
• Swimming at the Mok Fa Waterfalls.
• Drive to Baan Huay Phoo village
• Lunch provided at Baan Huay Phoo village
• Visit the Akha and Lahu tribes villages.
• Begin 1-2 hour bamboo raft trip to Baan Sob-Kai village
• Return to your hotel in Chiang Mai
• Please note that water, soft drinks, and alcohol are not included in your trip price. However, they will be available for purchase at each village. (Water = 20 THB, Soft Drink = 40 THB, Beer Can = 60 THB)
Duration: 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
Included: English speaking guide, Insurance, All entrance and activities fees and Lunch
NOT Included: Breakfast or dinner, Snacks etc at local market
What to Wear: Comfortable (loose) clothes for hiking – hat and sunglasses are recommended
Long socks are also recommended to protect your ankles!
Hotel: Chiang Mai (Imperial Maeping Hotel ****)
Duration: 08h30 to 16h30
Meals Include: Breakfast and lunch
Distance: (Chiang Mai city to Maetaeng is 45 Km. and Maetaeng to Jungle 30 Km.)